It was Monday morning, mommy is running around with her head cut off trying to get us out of the house in order to make our play date on time. I scoop Zechariah up in my arms as we run to his closet to get his shoes, I open the closet door and SMACK! Out of no where a little hand makes contact with the side of my face. HARD. I was soooo stunned. Immediately I look at Zech and with a VERY stern voice I say "NO! You do not hit mommy!" and in that instance I realize...for the first time my son mad me kinda mad...because really why did he do this? Has he hit before? Sure, when playing, getting overly excited, or sometimes out of frustration but it's never been this blatant, this hard, and with this much force. The tone in my voice must have surprised my son as well because immediately he broke out in tears...he started stroking the side of my face ever so gently. And of course that makes me no longer the victim but instead I am to blame for hurting HIS feelings for slapping me right? But still I have enough insight in my slapped up stupor to know, I must discipline my son even if it means his feelings get hurt for bitch slappin his mama. So I put him down and say "ok Zech, now you know you can't hit mommy. Say you are sorry and give me a hug" in my very best Supernanny impression minus the English accent. Though my baby can not speak, clearly he understands because he strokes my cheek one last time and throws himself into my arms with the tightest little baby man hug he can muster. We dried his tears and he was over it.
So far I haven't been slapped since. I am hoping it doesn't happen again. Man who knew a baby could hit that hard?!
Here he is all recovered with his friend Hayden on his playdate...I on the other hand probably still had the mark showing on my cheek :)!

So Irene from RW Seattle, I know your pain girlfriend...and for the record readers, Stephen is in fact gay! She called IT way back when! LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment