Ho hum...these last few weeks are hard. I am so over being pg. But I thought that I needed to change my state of mind. So I am forcing myself to write a list of all the GOOD things that are associated with being pg. Hee, hee...this should be interesting.
1. Clear skin. Ok I know some people get the opposite effect but for some reason I have not had a pimple this entire pg. I consider that my consolation prize :).
2. Getting to park in the "Expectant Mothers" parking at Babies R Us and CVS. Why don't alllll stores adopt this idea? Seriously, try walking accross a parking lot with a 6 lb bowling ball between your legs and you'll empathize with my situation.
3. Using the "but I'm pg" excuse with your husband for everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. You don't want to make dinner, check the mail, feed the dogs, do laundry...just say "but I'm pg". :)
4. Getting away with wearing granny panties (well they're boy shorts but close enough). I haven't had so much comfort in the underwear department since I was 9 LOL!
5. Strangers strike up nice conversations with you and ask about your baby. (I like to talk, so this is always fun :)
6. People give up their seats for you at the dr's office, DMV, etc... (well usually they do. If they don't you can just glare at them until they feel guilty and get up)
7. Requesting massages on a daily basis. Again the "but I'm pg" thing works with this too if he's hesitant to comply.
8. Feeling your baby move all day long.
9. Getting carry out service at the grocery store (I never used this when not pg, it's a wonderful thing... I might have to continue utilizing it after I have the baby too :)
10. Talking/singing to your baby (ie talking/singing to yourself) and not looking too crazy.
Ok that took some doing to create. Not the best list but I needed to do something or else I'd go crazy in pessimism land.
12 years ago
5 comments:
Very awesome post!!!!!!!
Those sound like some great reasons to me!
Ooh! I have one for you, although it doesn't apply anymore..."Being allowed to lay down at work and possibily take a nap in a coworker's office!" And that one only applies to YOU, not everyone so that counts for bonus points, right?! :)
Oh I love this list! :)
yeah try walking in the parking lot from FAR AWAY with a TEN pound bowling ball!
way to see the bright side of things nors. i'm proud of you for making the list!!! and it was a good list!!! wish i had clear skin and front row seat parking :) xoxo dre
Post a Comment