Monday, April 7, 2008

My cervix is freeeeeeee!!!

So today was cerclage removal day! Boy am I gald that's over with. Let's just say this removal thing may have solidified that I am not having more children (fyi-once you have one cerclage you always have to get it with subsequent pregnancies). I think it hurt more because my peri is as gentle as King Kong is swinging through the jungle. Anyway, whew, my cervix is now free and Dr. Murphy has decided to stop the terbutaline and see what happens. I was having contractions every 3 min while at the hospital but since the cervix wasn't dialating, they sent me home. The nurse said I'd probably have the baby in a few days. I'm not banking on that though. I am sure my abnormal body has other plans in mind. Between Dr's appt this morning and the cerclage removal this afternoon we did go to Baby Gap (yes bad Norina breaking bed rest orders) and I bought Zechy his very special going home outfit. I know I got a plethera of clothes at my shower but I wanted to be the one to dress him for his "coming out party". Here it is:




The shoes are my favorite part. Can you see, they have fur on the inside and the bottoms have paw prints?! I know it's funny that I'm dressing my baby like a little man straight from the hospital but no going home pj's for this little fashion icon in the making! I mean after all he is mine and Nathanael's child right? ;) The background is the blanket I'll take with his car seat so he matches! Oh and in case you can't tell those are baby linen pants LOL! Nathanael loves to wear linen so he wanted them for Zech too! :)

6 comments:

Rina said...

T- I know, I know...I do always say they went to medical school and I did not but come on 37 weeks/4 days, steriod shots, terbutaline for 3 weeks, a cercalge, and 6 lbs 2 oz at his 36 week appt...hmmm I'm thinking he's a good little done turkey in there :) Besides you all know my luck. I'll probablys till be whinning about his non arrival come 40 weeks LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yea for free cervix!!! The coming home outfit is so cute!! He is going to look like a baby Justin Timberlake all stylish :)

ondria said...

OMG... that is the cutest outfit I have ever seen. With the matching blanket and everything. I LOVE it!

soozq97 said...

I would expect NOTHING else than linen pants for Bubba's son!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweet outfit. And the shoes are my favorite too!!!!

soozq97 said...

Although that beanie really is pulling at my heart too...SO CUTE

Dre said...

Oh my God!!! stop it with those shoes!!! precious!!!! i totally love that outfit!!! can't wait to see him in it :) xoxo dre