It's April at last!!!!!!!!!!! Never thought I'd be so happy for a month to be here. We're down to 25 days!!! And if my Dr. gets her way, I will be sitting here pg up until the April 26th.
I saw both the OB and the perinatologist yesterday. Ob says she does not want me thinking of "37 weeks as term" and wants this baby to stay put for at least 2 more weeks. She explained that she's working on an article with a few neonatologists and they will be appealing to the medical community to stop referring to 37 weeks as term because they are seeing a very high incidence of respiratory problems accross the country in babies being born as late as 38 weeks. So my dr is the no early baby nazi and says that she will stop the labor if he tries to come out again this week. She wants me to up the terbutaline to 2 tabs every 4 hours if I continue to contract on 1 tab. Oh and the best part of it all is that she is insisting on bed rest at this point. Grrrr...I hate bed rest. But fine I'll do it. Obviously she's being very cautious which I have to appreciate, as impatient as I am with being pregnant at this point!
So then I go see the perinatologist. We schedule the cerclage removal for Monday at 4pm. He then asks about contractions and I tell him what's been happening. He says, "oh then we need the cerclage out now" and also tells me to stop the terbutaline. I explain to him what Dr. A has said (because she is adamant about the cerclage not coming out before Monday and the baby staying put a little while longer) and the peri says "Oh well...we don't want to insult Dr. A. Ok we do what she says." wow...scared much I thought?! However he did say that if the contractions continue to call him and he will take the cerc out this week. He said a few other contradictory orders but I wasn't about to continue "correcting" him with Dr.'s A's orders so I just sat and shook my head in agreement to everything he said and will jsut do what she says. I mean in the long run, she's going to be the person I answer to and I don't want her mad at me! Especially when I see a big tall older man, jump at the thought of "insulting" her and singing a new tune LOL!
Baby is now 6 lbs 4 oz. So he seems to be on a little diet with only a 4 oz growth in 2 weeks, which is fine by me :). I still have not gained a lb in about 10 weeks now but again, not complaining. Dr. A says this isn't of any concern because baby is growing just fine.
The ultra sound tech tried to get a 4D pic of Zech but couldn't because fluid and room are so scarce in there right now. I did get a regular u/s pic but it's downstairs right now and I'm only allowed limited trips up and down the stairs, per Dr. Husband. I'll post it next chance I get.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment