Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Zechy's latest news...

So I had a peri appt yesterday. Good news is Zech's cord is no longer around his neck! Yippee for this! Bad news is, I do not have any pictures to share because Zech decided to turn his back to us during the entire u/s and no matter how much pushing and proding the peri did to my stomach he refused to turn, face us, and say cheese. That's my baby, a stubborn little one! Dr. was please with my progress overall, he had me monitor for about 20 minutes and there were no contractions. I didn't think there would be since I haven't felt anything different but then again I've never been pg this long so what would I know? I've heard of ladies contracting and not knowing they were having them. I have to start going in for weekly monitoring beginning the 19th of this month. I went ahead and asked the Dr. about removing the cerclage at 35 weeks as opposed to later, like 37 weeks. He explained he likes to get the cerclage out before there are any contractions because if you contract with the cerclage in place it can cause irreversible damage to the cervix. He said if I was really concerned about going into labor too early ie at 35 weeks, he would keep it in for me longer and just have me come in for monitoring more often. I really liked that he gave me the option in this case. I thought that was understanding of him. N and I talked and I think I will go ahead with having the cerclage removed at 35 weeks and then pray Zech stays put for another 2 weeks at least :)(Let's just clarify for a minute, I say this only for Zechy's lung development sake, not because I want to be pregnant any longer then necessary!) I know I *say* I'm only having one child but jic I get pg in the future again I don't want my body to be ruined and loose that pg based on some damage that could have been avoided kwim?

So that's the latest. I go back on the 26th for another u/s. I hope Zechy comes out to play because I have a frame that needs a 3rd trimester u/s picture!!

3 comments:

soozq97 said...

PRAISE THE LORD! What wonderful news!

Dawn said...

I am so happy to read all the good news that you are receiving. I keep you in my prayers daily. <><

Tiarnna said...

Hey chicky! How's the doula search going?

Have you checked out http://www.dona.org yet? http://www.dona.org/search/results.php?region=US+-+CA&doulas=both&x=20&y=8 is the direct link to search for doula's in CA. Unfortunately, its ALL of CA, so there's lots. but listed in city order. Both birth and postpartum doulas in case you were looking for both. =)