Yup that's right...my morning sickness has made a reappearance much to my dismay. I've vomited every morning since Saturday. When it happened on Saturday, I chalked it up to that ol'projectile vomit I have going on from time to time...because it was VERY projectile I'll have you know (TMI???). Then when it happened Sunday, following the same pattern as it had on Saturday I thought well maybe it's a fluke...then Monday came...more vomit.. I pretended not to notice. Tuesday... uh oh...on to today...5 days can't be a coincidence?! Something is going on here and I don't like it one bit! But I do have to confess it's not as bad as the first 16 weeks were. So I'll shut up now. But just know I start off my day in the toilet AGAIN...not "ON" it but "IN" it...lovely...
This last Sunday we met with the doula. She was very nice...soft spoken but not easily intimidated. And I know this because Nathanael tried. He likes to do that. Test people to see if they'll be intimidated. His excuse, "well labor is a high stress environment, I want to see if she can take it". Ok maaaaybe, but personally I think he also gets a little kick out of it :). Anyway, she gave me this folder full of handouts about all kinds of stuff I know nothing about like breastfeeding, how to put a baby to sleep, book recomendations, that kind of thing. When she explained her services she talked about how her presence would allow for Nathanael to take small breaks to go to the bathroom and eat. Well shoot, all she had to say was that and Nathanael was SOLD! He quickly explained to her that he's hypoglycemic and has to eat every 2 hours so that she didn't think he was completely insensitive for jumping at the chance to have breaks during delivery! :) I just love that guy. Really I do. He cracks me up.
Although Nathanael was ready to cut her a check on the spot, I wanted to sleep on it. So I did and I think I'm ready to committ. Finally. To something in this pregnancy. And I actually read the handouts. I think I might be starting to believe there will really be a baby in our home afterall :). Sometimes it's nice to not live in denial all the time.
12 years ago
5 comments:
sorry to hear about the morning sickness. is there anything you can do about it?
congrats on finding a doula! that is exciting :) sounds like you have some reading to catch up on!! get to it mama...
xoxo dre
girl i am 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date, AND i have a 'baby' already, and i still cannot imagine a baby in this house.
Woohoo! Awesome news!!! Well, the doula......not your projectile vomitting. Hey, babies do that, maybe you are preparing yourself? ;) ((((((((hugs))))))))
Hope you're feeling better today! We don't want you projectile vomiting in your cake at the shower! But if you need to, I'll hold back your hair :)
can't wait for you post pics from your baby shower xoxo dre
Post a Comment