Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Showered" with love...

So I had my baby shower this last weekend. It was soo nice. We got a TON of stuff, especially clothes. I think Zech will be outfitted for the first 6 months of his life at the VERY least! It was a great turn out and I was surrounded by all my good friends and family. That alone was a gift in itself.

I have lots of pics but of course I have not uploaded them yet. It literally took me 2 days to recover from the festivities! If I wasn't pregnant I'd think I was just old! As soon as the pics are uploaded I promise to share here.

We have our first prenatal visit with our doula this Sunday. Here's her website by the way if you'd like the check her out: http://www.crowningjoy.com/

I was filling out the birth questionnaire for our meeting on Sunday and it asks about my mother's birth/labors so I gave her a call ( I know, I know, I must be in a good mood). Come to find out she was the luckiest woman on the planet! And not just because she got me as a daughter ;) but because her 1st child was born at 39 weeks after a 7 hour labor, her second born at 39 weeks after only a 4 hour labor, and me at 42 weeks (I was induced) after a 5 hour labor!!! And she tells me that my sister never went longer then 6 hours with her 1st two (last one was born via an emergency c section). OMG! Could I be blessed and take after these fast labor genetics????!!!! Let's get praying on this one ok girls? Because after this pregnancy don't you think I deserve it? :) Oh but leave out the 42 week thing and the induction thing in those prayers if you can...I want to give Zechy an eviction notice at 37.5 weeks (per my NICU nurse friend this is the safest time to deliver if done so "early")and have him be obiedent and come out all on his own.

I made an appt with http://www.tinadoane.com to get those Demi Moore/Christina Aguliera pregnancy shots done on 3/8/08. Ok maybe not Demi or Christina style per say because I am soo not on their level but you know just some really pretty shots that we can have, especially since this will be our only child. I'm hoping I don't pork out to unrecognizable proportions or develop a stretch mark by then LOL! Oh but be sure to check it out, she does touch ups so I guess it wouldn't REALLY matter if I did....this is partly why I chose her. I'm so vain I know hee hee.

Today is my dad's birthday. 71 years ago my grandma gave birth. I called him and he said he happen to see her today because he took her to the Dr. She's 87. She's not your typical "granny" type so I wouldn't think it would be sentimental to her but can you imagine what the birthing process was like 71 years ago? And to see your son in his senior years. Like you would have ever thought of that the day he was born ykwim? What a blessing! It's amazing how far we've come in ideals, technology, and knowledge isn't it?

Happy Birthday Papa Bear!! (this is what I use to call him when I was little and what my nephews call him now...Zechy will soon be joining in saying those words too soon...I can't wait!)

3 comments:

soozq97 said...

Good/quick/37.5 wk birth prayers sent your way!! Sounds like you have a good chance! Sometimes it pays off talking to your mom! :)
I think taking those pictures will be really fun and something very special to look back at. Great idea!

Dre said...

can't wait for little zech either!! btw, love your doula's web site name :) photo shoot will be fun! remember when wrong Brandy had her reality show of her giving birth on MTV? i loved her p.g. shoot. hope yours is glamorous :) luv dre

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.