Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Are all Babies This Funny!?

Everyday this child of mine makes me laugh! He certainly is a character. I'd like to think I have a good sense of humor...my husband certainly does but I don't know if we were like Zech when we were his age!! He is a crack up....here's just a few of his latest:

1. He calls "Baxter"...get ready for it..."Baster"...Imagine your child running around your backyard which is adjacent to the association pool and greenbelt where people often are, yelling out "Baster...BASTER!"

2. The other day "Baster" ate a bunch of grass and proceeded to throw it up practicaly at Zechariah's feet...I ran over to get Zech as far away from him as possible. When Baxter's done vomiting, Zech turns to me and does the sign for "again"...he thought that was a pretty entertaining sight apparently!

3. We are working on weaning...this morning I asked him if he'd like some "ba ba milk" (that's what we call milk in a bottle), he looks at me with such enthusiasm in his eyes, rips his paci from his mouth, and with double hands does the sign for "milk"...when he does this he means he wants to nurse. I say "No Zech, we have ba ba milk in the mornings" to which he looks me dead in the eye, drops his arms to his sides, sighs really loud, and says "Oh".

4. The other day he refused to eat. I kept offering him various food selections, even the beloved cheese and he would say "no!"...after about the 8th thing I asked him to eat, he drops what he's doing, looks at me and says "NO I SAY!"

5. When you change his diaper he waves and says "Bye bye" to his pee pee...

6. Here he is kicking back watching his movie...Nathanael sent this to me in a text message while I was at work. I busted up laughing! (don't mind his jammies...like I said Nathanael was taking care of him!)



7. You may notice that when you call me I always answer at the last possible second... you probably figure this is because I am running fom another room to answer or that I'm in the middle of something which at times might be true but actually more often then not, this is because everytime my ring tone goes off Zechariah busts into his dance steps and so I let him get his groove on before I answer the phone. Everytime. No matter what he's doing or where he's at. Imagine us at the grocery store.

8. At Barnes and Noble last week, Zech witnessed a child arguing with his mother. The kid wanted a paticular book and the mother told him she saw it at another store for less, so they would go there to get it. The child was in full melt down mode, insisting she buy it for him at THIS store...as the kid is crying and carrying on, my little busy body runs up to him and says "noooo!" shaking his little finger in his face. I.About.Died.

Thanking God for my very funny baby everday!! Zechariah, I just love you!!!

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. -Yiddish Proverb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cracking up at #5! I love it! And yes I agree that Zech has some awesome dance moves as witnessed today!

momofgirls said...

Little Zech has such a cute personality! I love that picture... What a little doll he is!