Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Habitual Aborter w/Current Pregnancy"...

Yup that's my name, don't wear it out.

Explanation to follow.

Today I went to the RE to let him have a looksie. Another intimate date with the u/s probe. He and I have certainly become close over the years. So the RE does the u/s. He says he is very happy to see that my gestational sac is a good size and is implanted correctly, right in the center of the uterine cavity. He said "yolkie" is a perfect size. He explained that if a pregnancy is compromised that the yolk will actually appear "swollen" and will be twice the size of mine. So my yolkie is safe for now :). I told him I had a revelation about my progesterone. I informed him that I remembered late last night that I didn't take the progesterone prior to the blood draw because I was having a pap right after and thought it would be smarter (and less messy) to take the progesterone after the appt. He said that was for sure the culprit to the dropping level yesterday. Whew, glad we have a reason for that! He called it something like "furlough drop" I think, but I could be making that term up. He said that basically my reading of 21.2 is most likely the lowest my progesterone will go unmedicated so that's good to know also. So now, no more missing doses even if it's out of consideration for the Dr's who have to go down yonder :)

So I'm skipping out of the office (not really but I contemplated it). I go to pay for my appt. and I look down at my little paper that they always give me to check out with. I was so excited to see that I was no longer classified as "infertility-unspecified orgin". YES! I had graduated from the "I" club. So I look around the sheet to find my new category.....maybe it would be something exotic...radiant...glowing...something like "Wonder woman beats odds and proves RE wrong"... nope instead my eyes land on my code. ...

"Habitual Aborter w/Current Pregnancy"



WTF! ?



Seriously? This is what they call me. At least do it behind my back and don't rub it in my face for goodness sake! They should make this in bold letters with flashing lights. Surely everyone must beware and warned of my "habit".

Let's take a closer look at what this title means shall we?

Definitions of the word "habitual" on the Web:
-made a norm or custom or habit; "his habitual practice was to eat an early supper"; "her habitual neatness"
-accustomed: commonly used or practiced; usual; "his accustomed thoroughness"; "took his customary morning walk"; "his habitual comment"; "with her wonted candor"
-confirmed: having a habit of long standing; "a chronic smoker"

Ok and we all know the definition of an aborter so I won't disgust you with the definitions I found for that one.

Good God, medical community, talk about kicking a woman when she's down. In this day and age of political correctness shouldn't we come up with a better term?

Whatever, I'll take on the world some other day. Today all I really care about is that I got another picture of yolkie. He looks just like yesterday though, maybe changed his hair a bit. :)




Go back on Sept 11th when RE thinks we will see a heartbeat!!! :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the new doo!!!