-He likes to play various forms of "where are you?". So sometimes he'll start walking around the house shouting "MAAAMAAAA...DAAAADAAA where are youuuuu?" Or "Doggie, Gia where are youuuuu?" Yesterday he was playing in the bed and hiding his hand under the covers and would say "Riah, where are youuuu?" pull out his hand and say "Dere you are!"
-Riah- "Mommy, snake outside" Mommy- "No Riah, there's no snakes outside" Riah- "MAMAA SNAKE OUUUTSIDE!!" grabs me by the hand, starts to pull me outside. Mommy-"Wait Zech let me put shoes on" Mommy mossies on over gets her shoes, walks outside to find Riah and both dogs huddled over....umm yea it was a SNAKE!!!! AGHHHHHHHH...
- After his nap that day Zech went outside and was yelling "snaaaake where are you...snaaaaake...."
-He calls watching tv or his dvds, "I watch movie show".
-4 nights a week I am not home to put him in to sleep, so he usually doesn't get to see me until he wakes up in the morning. We continue to co-sleep for a variety of reasons. First it makes life easier for Nathanael, he's able to put him down quickly and go to sleep with him at about 8:30pm, since Nathanael does have to get up at 4:30 am for work now. Second, it doesn't bother us and it works. Why fix what ain't broken? Third, because I don't get to put him to bed, it's nice to be able to come home from work late at night and cuddle with a sweet, sleeping baby. And then this happened...and it reinforced why despite many a turned up nose some people have at the idea of co-sleeping that I am not looking forward to ending this process anytime soon. The other night around 3am, I felt someone looking at me. I opened my eyes and saw Zech sitting up staring at me. He said "oh hi mama" I said "hi baby" and then he leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek, laid down and went back to sleep. Had we not been co-sleeping, I would have missed out on such a loving moment. Sooo with that said we won't be changing our arrangement anytime soon. Is it more about me then it is him? Umm YEA! What about it? It's not like he's going to be this age forever :).
-We're dabbling with learning his letters. I told him yesterday "M is for Murphy. Your name is Zechariah Murphy" To which he answered, "Yes I Riah Murcy."
-The cat had gone outside, when I brought him back in the house he was wet and dirty. Zech takes one look at him and says "kiddy kat you're a muss (aka mess)!"
-Nathanael told him one time to cover his mouth when he coughs, now he never forgets! It just looks so cute to see him put his little hand up over his mouth to cough with no reminder at all!
-Zech is not the best eater. He's not terrible but some days it takes a lot of encouragement to just take one more bite. So the other day I told him he could not get up until he finished the rest of the food on his plate. I turned to unload the dishwasher and 2 seconds later I hear "Mamaaa alllll done!" I look over and he has scooped up all the food and is hiding it in his little fists.
-A few weeks ago when Nathanael went to pick up Zechariah at my parents house Zech did not want to live. My dad HATES when Zech cries. He will give the kid anything just to not see him cry. So as Nathanael is strapping a crying, kicking Zech into his car seat Zech screams out "Papaaa help me!" Might as well have stabbed my dad in the heart LOL
-Whenever I come home, whether it's after being gone 5 min or 5 hours Zech always yells "Maaama!" and does that run towards me with his little arms wide open. Melt.
- He calls the phone a "bone" as in "mama your bone ringing".
-Candy is "cannie".
-We recently joined a stroller strides group. He calls it "running wit da babies".
-If he had his way, the two of us would sit on the couch, cuddle and watch Curious George for hours. One morning he was begging me, "Mama peeeease seat down" which means he wants me to watch his show with him. I needed to get ready for work. But then I realized, I don't have to blow dry my hair...I don't HAVE to put on make up....I don't HAVE to iron, I have stuff right out of the cleaners that is pressed I can throw on. And so instead of speaking an hour doing those things, we cuddled and watched Curious George. I am not sure my clients appreciated my new look that day...but to me it was worth it.
I could go on and on and on of all the things that happen in our Land of Cute but for now I will end with this....
The cutest face you ever did see!
2 comments:
I think my favorite is "running with the babies!" Lol! And to those that make comments about co-sleeping, please ignore them. If they had to get up everyday at 4:30 am as well as work late nights I'm sure they would be singing a different tune. I wish people could be better about putting themselves in other people's shoes, but I guess that's just wishful thinking huh? And really, who is going to turn down a chance to snuggle with that cute little guy?!
Aww thanks for your support Ashley. I agree, as moms especially we should support one another more instead of critque.
Post a Comment