Monday, November 1, 2010

"I Like Happy Weeeen!"

This is what Zech has been saying all week...whenever he sees a pumpkin patch or Halloween decorations on a house he says "I like happy weeen!" I tell him, "I like happy ween too baby" and he then says "Yes!"

And so the week of Happy Ween began with some pumpkin carving...


Riah helped by scooping the inside out. Note to self, next year make sure you double check his work ...our pumpkins molded in a day LOL!

Daddy had enough of this little knife business and decided it was time to bust out the big guns...


Sadly I didn't get a pic of our end result, Zech was a little cranky that night so I got distracted and forgot! But it was really cute, a spider in a web. Zech calls spiders "ooowieees" and he's obsessed with them so he really liked his oowieee pumpkin!

On Wednesday we went to our play group's Happy Ween party. Zech and I made pizza mummies to take over there.


Debuting the costume....Zechariah as Scooby Doo!!!!



Sweet Naomi and Zech!

Who says dogs can't climb!?

Getting ready for the parade...
But first a group shot!
Peyton took Zech under his wing, a true Knight! :)
And they are off...mommies stood along the parade route to supply treats as the kids walked along. It was darling!

Scooby laggin a bit....
The following day was daddy's birthday! Yet another reason I just love this time of year!
Riah helped dad open his gifts...
A few family shots to commemorate the occasion!


Singing "Happy Birthday" to Daddy!!

Make a wish!
Riah shows Daddy where he signed the card.

The next night we celebrated at a jazz club/restaurant.....
.....with our great friends Matt and Kristi!



And then the following day, we took Riah to the city's little happy ween fair...

So excited to get started!
Scooby loves Daddy!
Trick or Treating for Scooby snacks.
The place was overly crowded so we left only a little bit after we arrived, but before we did, I HAD to have one of these!

It's a cool city....
Since it was still early we hit up yet ANOTHER near by pumpkin patch...
Scooby Scooby Do where are you?!
On Sunday we had breakfast with the Marshall's before church. How cute are these 3?
Cailou is so funny!
Later that happy ween night it was time for the party...mommy made cupcakes for the event...



And the Scooby gang came out to represent! Scooby, Daphne, and Fred!
The baby gang...

Dippin into the candy already!
I know, I know, Fred is just ecstatic with his costume.
There was a another Scooby at the party...and so they went trick or treating off into the sunset together, holding paws....
"Come on Scooby!" "OK Scooby!"

He still needed a little guidance on the whole trick or treating thing. We noticed the 3 year olds in our group REALLY got it down. So that must be the age it clicks!
Mama took a turn helping Scooby out.


But towards the end of the night, he knew what to do!

Every year we count our loot in bed.
I think it was a successful night...shoot it was a successful week! Happy Weeeeeen everyone! And Happy Birthday Babe. Here's to every year being as celebratory as this one was. Love you!!

No comments: