Sunday, December 13, 2009

Rude Kids Here, Rude Kids There...

......Rude AND Germy Kids Everywhere!!! Ugh! Ok so I know my child is not perfect. I know kids go through a "stage" where everything is "MINE!" and they parrallel play more then play directly with one another. I get that. I am really laxed when it comes to usual kid behavior...umm but is it just me or does it seem like public playzones are infested with little boogers? And I mean that literally AND figurtively speaking. Ok so how many parents did not get the memo on Swine Flu? Because you'd have to live under a rock not to know that it's kinda rampant right now and most people really don't want your hacking, snotty child around theres. So why is it these germ mongers are found in every park in a 30 mile radius of our home? If looks could kill these kids would so drop dead midswing from the death stare I snap around and throw when I hear that cough....and I'm not talkin the cough from just running and getting overly excited in cold weather kind of cough. I'm talking the fleemy, thick, hacking that only means one thing. YOUR.KID.IS.SICK! Stay home!!! The playground will be here next week when he/she is better.

Ok but back to the original subject at hand...rude children. Poor Zechy just wants to make friends. He is a really social child but is learning the hard way, not all kids are :). As we shopped at Gymboree he wanted to sit in the little kid chairs they have in front of the tv, so I let him out of his stroller to do so. Another little girl comes a long and joins him. He is mesmirzed by older children. Soon the girl starts walking around so Zechy jumps up and follows her. All of a sudden I hear " STOP.FOLLOWING.ME!" in a not so nice voice. I look and there Zech stands, with the most innocent look on his face, wonderng why his new "friend" yelled at him. I quickly usher him away but not before I hear her mom say NOTHING, to her as she was in earshot of her rude daughter as well as I was. Then it was off to the playzone we go where Zech tried so hard to go down the slide only to be pushed out of the way by older meaner kids, over and over again. After numerous attempts I have to intervene because no other mother seems to be correcting their children. Finally he gets down the slide and is so proud! There were other incidents of germs and bad manners but I'll spare you. Let's just say when I saw the 4 year old with a pacifier in her mouth and a HUGE blob of green snot sitting right above it, under her nose, I grabbed Zech, busted out the wipes and practically lysoled him down before we headed home !

We took a quick pic in front of the tree so we had one to compare to last year's shot, look HERE to see how much he's grown!


Here he is in his moment of glory at last! On your mark....

Get set..

Go!(yes that is one of the slide bullies behind him :)





He had some fun on the bridge...

As well as in the clubhouse...



And got oh so excited at the water fountain!



All that play makes for one tired boy!



He was out before I could push him to the car that was sitting a whole 15 feet away!


Next time we'll pack our medical masks, load up on Airborne, and take a crash course in karate before hitting the park! :)

No comments: