Friday, December 26, 2008

Best Christmas Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So as you all know it was Zechariah's first Christmas and I must say, it really was the best holiday of both Nathanael's and my life. Just being able to have him here, experiencing life, so happy...was beyond amazing! Christmas Eve we went to my mom's where we celebrated with my family and Christmas day we had the luxury of staying home and spending the day, just the 3 of us. Our very own little family. It was so great! I ventured out and made my first holiday meal which was met with rave reviews by the audience of 2 (Zech had the mashed potatoes and LOVED them)! Nathanael was quite inpressed with the spread...at first I thought he was only being polite but after only 24 hours of making the food and being that everything is now almost gone, I'd say he was actually quite sincere in his compliments :). On top of the taters, I also allowed Zech to have apple juice out of the sippy cup Santa brought him but either he didn't care for the juice or couldn't get the hang of the sippy because he didn't finish it. Santa also brought Zechy "puffs" in his stocking as well and those were a hit too!

Some pics from the last few days:

This is what it looks like in the mountains behind our house. I was hoping for a white Christmas, but no go. Wouldn't that have been something? And for those of you who think I was crazy for thinking we could get snow in Southern CA, it's happened! Once. January of 2007 we got snow. So a girl can dream...


The stockings were hung by the chimmny with care (and before you ask, yes all the animals get something in their stockings as well, the dogs got bones and Bailey got catnip)....


Our tree (this was taken before Zech pulled it down on top of him and Nathanael, but that's another story....)


My name is Norina and I am a Baby Gap-Aholic (just a few things I picked up for Zech's Christmas gifts)....


My baby and me on Christmas Eve (behind us is what I could salvage of our tree from the Zechy catastrophe)


Daddy and Zechy (why did he get the smiling shot?!)


Daddy likes to do silly pics....


Zech at my mom's...I don't even bother bringing toys for him to play with, he finds his own stuff to entertain himself with.


Nathanael INSISTED we buy my nephews this gift and look! It comes with just enough guns for everyone, including Nathanael. Shocking!


Family Pic time!


Zechy opening a gift w/Grandma.


Zechy's wearing Grandpa's hat.


Christmas morning at our house, Zechy gets a monkey (and he kinda has his own little monkey face going on too LOL!)


He loved the wooden toys we got him.


Zechy also liked daddy's gifts, that's Nathanael's cologne he took hold of.


Santa thought I was a good girl this year! I got me some diamond earrings! And a video camera!!! YEAH! Video clips here we come (just as soon as I can figure that part out I will post some)!!!


Zech's favorite gift was his Winnie the Pooh van. It's darling, it sings the Winnie the Pooh theme song and beeps. But be prepared, if you put Zech in this you must push him around for a LONG time or else it's melt down time LOL!


This is the rocking horse my parents bought him. He wasn't too fond of it Christmas Eve so we tried again on Christmas Day. He still doesn't like it. Maybe next week he will.


And at last his new highchair! Which he also loves. He likes to swing his feet underneath it.


We went and saw the lights in Alta Loma back on the 15th of this month, so in closing, Merry Christmas EVERYONE! I hope yours was as blessed as ours was!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had an AWESOME Christmas!! Thanks for sharing. I love all the pictures!!

Dre said...

omg! he loves that van! you can totally see the joy! love it! he had a beatuiful first christmas :)
xoxo dre

ondria said...

I loved every single one of these pics! You guys are such a cute little family!

soozq97 said...

What a fun time! I love "watching" all of Zech's firsts!

soozq97 said...

And I think Baxter would like a ride on Zechy's new rocking horse!