Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Am Thankful.....

Sometimes I doubted this time in our life would ever arrive.... a holiday season with our very own child. This year Christmas will not be about all the babies who might have been, who should have been. Will I ever forget them? Of course not. They lived inside of me. But if only one knew. If words could ever express what the last 3 holiday seasons brought. Tears. Pain. Longing. To hope and hope that the upcoming year would bring a real live child....

And despite my wavering faith at times, God really did remember us. He remembered little ol' me. And brought me a baby. A miracle.

And in an effort not to sound cliche...I really could go without gifts this year. Because my Christmas wish came true. A baby of my very own to hold.

I get to see it through his eyes. To experience the wonder with him. To watch the joy that he brings.

Zechariah.

I am so thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments: