Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Zechy's 1st Hotel Stay...

This past week, we had the luxuary of going on a staff retreat with Nathanael's collegues. Zechy was invited to come along as well. For one of the days however, we did decide to have him go to grandma's for a bit so we could take advantage of the beautiful ammenities for just a few hours as a couple on our "free time". It's not everyday we have an opportunity to a little get away like this! It wasn't all play though....we did get a lot of work done and are ready to present this facility to our church for a marriage retreat in April. We look forward to returning here in the Spring! Here are some pics of the beautiful surroundings:

Entry way of the Mission Inn




A view of the courtyard



No two rooms in this hotel are alike! We were in love with our room, which had this cool dome ceiling. It also had 2 balconies and a fireplace. As you can see the room fits Zech's approval as well, he was a happy guy sitting on that big comfy bed!





A view from our floor of the hotel at night. The circular staircase is just breathtaking!




Zechy had a blast getting his first big boy bath in the hotel room tub!



Since we were touring the facility for our upcoming retreat we were awarded the rare priviledge of seeing insde the chapel which is not open to the general public. Isn't it spectaular?!



I have so many more pictures of this remarkable, historical, landmark but for fear of bombarding you I have chosen to close with this image, which IMO, is the most telling of all...


How great is our God?!

4 comments:

soozq97 said...

Wow! It really is gorgeous! I hope Rex stays in until at least the 5th so we can go!! LOL...the funny thing is, that weekend will be here and I know I'll be singing a different tune, with the lyrics "get this baby out of me"! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's beautiful! The room you stayed in looks amazing! Zech will never be able to stay in a Holiday Inn now that he stayed at the Mission Inn for his first hotel stay! j/k :)

Dre said...

those are beautiful pictures. it looks like you had an amazing time! lucky duck!

Shaena said...

I, too, love the Mission Inn. We attended a wedding in the chapel at Christmas time. Beautiful. I believe a couple of presidents have stayed there. I know they have a presidential suite. My neighbor said that at Christmas time you can go look at all the Christmas lights. I think we might go this year.