Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Half Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I'm a few days late...life got the best of me and blogging was put aside. But I can't let this monumental occassion pass us by without acknowledging it....Zechy is 6 months old!!!! Can you believe it?! Just months ago we eagerly awaited meeting him and here we are...in 6 months he went from a little crying blob of baby to a bouncing, kicking, crawling, squeeling, babbling busy baby boy!! Here is a quick list of a few of his latest achievements:
1. Doing the army crawl


2. Getting on all fours and rocking back and forth...very quickly.


3. Rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back.


4. Places elbows on the ground and stands on his back legs and "walks"...this move my dad refers to as "doing the spider". (I haven't caught this on camera yet but I will and I promise to share as soon as I do...it's hilarious!)

5. Eating food! (we did sweet potatoes on the 23rd as a half brithday treat, he didn't like them too much on that date but 4 days later they are growing on him)




6. Can almost sit unassited. He usually holds himself up with one hand on the ground and one leg proped up with a bent knee.


7. Can stand all by himself while holding onto something.


8. Can pull himself up sometimes with a spotter and sometimes without!


9. Pulls his bumper down so he can peek at us through the crib spindles to see when we are coming for him after his nap.


10. Can hold his own bottle.


You are the best baby ever Zech! Happy half birthday. You are amazing beyond words at 6 months...thank you for making my life a continual array of joyous surprises each and every day. I LOVE YOU!!!!!

4 comments:

Dre said...

OMG!!! I loved this entry! Zech really is amazing. and gorgeous! he has grown so much right before my eyes! I love him so much. and you :) happy half birthday zech. xoxo aunt dre

Anonymous said...

6 months already! I can't believe it! Happy half bday Zech!!

soozq97 said...

And such a handsome 6 month old he is!

Happy 6 months Zech! You've brought many smiles to this world in such a short time!

ondria said...

I love the "peeking through the crib" pic! He is soooo cute. Happy 1/2 birthday Zechy!