Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Night at the Fair...

As a little girl I vividly remember looking forward to September....and not just because it was the start of a new school year (yes I was was one of those geeky kids who loved school) but because it meant it was time for the fair! Back in the day the fair wasn't quite as expensive as it is today so it was a real treat to go to because we couldn't afford places like Disneyland every year that's for sure! I loved getting those tickets from school (if you grew up in LA school district you might recall we'd get free tickets to the fair). My mom would always take us on a Friday. The big slide was my favorite ride ever and I always had to get cotton candy. Ohhh how I tried to win me one of those big ol dumb stuffed animals tht usually ended up in a yard sale years down the road! Anyway, it made me so happy to think, here we are starting a new tradition with our very own little boy. He seemed to love it as much as I do. He was enthralled with all the lights, the sights and the smells. He was seriously the perfect baby all night. I hope he has many fond memories of the fair when he's all grown up just like I do. Here are some pics:

Zechariah has his feet up and is ready to roll!


No outing is complete without a family shot!


I saw this t-shirt and just HAD to buy it for him (in case you can't read it, it says "Papi Chulo" direct translation is "Cute Daddy" in English but in Spanish it kinda has it's own funny connotation)


Mommy and daddy had a few margaritas and thought this would be funny. We're retarded, I know!


Enjoying the lights


And my very favorite (we will for sure have to do one of these every year!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics!! Especially the photo booth ones, so cute! I too am a big lover of the fair and am especially fond of the deep fried oreos. Side note- my mom took her special ed class to the fair on Friday and one of the boys got kicked in the nuts by a goat. Sad! :(

soozq97 said...

What fun!! :) Can't wait for next year!!!!

Tiarnna said...

absolutely beautiful!!!!

Dre said...

Wow! zech is soooo super cute-- every time i see him! i totally love his little face that family shot!

and i love Septemeber too- still... it has smell and every year when that scent creeps up- i get nastolgic. Loved this post...

ondria said...

Awww, I remember getting that feeling about the fair too. You described it so perfectly! I love the pic with you guys poking your heads through… and the Papi Chulo shirt, hilarious!

J.J. said...

aw love the photo booth!!!!

marthy said...

What a beautiful family :)