Ok, I read it. I'll obsess with you! I like this statement... "one study found that an isolated EIF in the fetal heart in women aged 18-34 years was not associated with increased risk for Down syndrome."
And this one too: ARE ECHOGENIC CARDIAC FOCI UNUSUAL OR ABNORMAL? No. Echogenic cardiac foci are not an unusual or abnormal finding in an echocardiography of the heart. In fact, up to 7.4% of unborn children have echogenic cardiac foci when the mother is in the second trimester (months 3 to 6). The vast majority of children with echogenic cardiac foci are born normal. This is especially the case for the children of mothers who are under 35 years of age. Only rarely are echogenic cardiac foci associated with birth defects.
3 comments:
Ok, I read it. I'll obsess with you!
I like this statement...
"one study found that an isolated EIF in the fetal heart in women aged 18-34 years was not associated with increased risk for Down syndrome."
And this one too:
ARE ECHOGENIC CARDIAC FOCI UNUSUAL OR ABNORMAL? No. Echogenic cardiac foci are not an unusual or abnormal finding in an echocardiography of the heart. In fact, up to 7.4% of unborn children have echogenic cardiac foci when the mother is in the second trimester (months 3 to 6). The vast majority of children with echogenic cardiac foci are born normal. This is especially the case for the children of mothers who are under 35 years of age. Only rarely are echogenic cardiac foci associated with birth defects.
Thanks Susie, I'll focus on those two things :)
Post a Comment