3/05- m/c, have a d and c
5/05- m/c twins, have another d and c
6/05- dx with a uterine abnormality called a "uterine septum" believed to be the cause of the 1st 2 m/c's.
9/05- have surgery to have the septum removed (RE says I can not carry to term w/o this surgery)
12/05- get pg
1/06- victim of a car accident, have another m/c, have ANOTHER d and c.
6/06- RE finds scar tissue in the uterine cavity, recommends more surgery.
6/06-have surgery to remove scar tissue and Dr also cuts more of the septum out.
8/06- told we can beging ttc
1/07- have IUI since haven't been able to get pg.
2/07-4/07- do gonal f injections with timed intercourse, still no pg.
4/07-begin weekly accupuncture treatments
7/07- dx with elevated NKC and MTHFR compound factor (although homositine levels are in "normal" range)
8/07- FINALLY get pg
Currently on 30mg lovenox injections 1x a day, baby asprin, Folgard (suppose to be on prenatals but can't keep them down so dr's letting me have a repreave for a bit). Just stopped taking progesterone suppositore 3 x's a day and estrace 3 x's a day.
And that brings us to today. I went to the dr today. Baby looks good. Measuring 12 weeks 2 days with an EDD of 4/26/07. Baby was wiggling all around during the u/s. My OB said she wants me to see the perinatologist about my cervix. She says it looks good to her but she's not the "expert". So she told me to wait a minute and called over to the perinatologist's office. He says he'll see me now (he's right next door).So I go over there and he does another u/s. He says the baby is practicing tai kwon doe (he/she is kicking and punching up a storm!). So he took all the measurements and says my cervix looks "normal" and so he doesn't think I need a cerclage. I'm like "whew". Then he says "it's not like you have had any uterine abnormalities"....I stop him. "Ummm yes I have". I explain the uterine septum that was removed....twice. He says "oh i didn't know that" (me thinking=hmmm try looking in the chart, I told the nurse before you came in and she wrote it down!!!!!!!!!!) then he says, "in that case I would say you do need a cerclage then". He says that uterine abnormalities and incompetent cervix's sometimes go hand in hand. He wanted to do the surgery this Friday but I asked if I could think about it. I would have to take 5 days off work for bed rest and pending there's no complications then I would be able to go back to work. I am so upset. I don't want any more medical interventions! I feel like I have been through enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I talked to my friend who has a friend that this is happening to right now. She's in the hospital and has been there for 6 weeks because of an incompetent cervix. She almost lost her baby. She also had a uterine septum that was removed prior to this pregnancy. So now I feel like I have to do it. My other option is to be checked every 2 weeks but that doesn't guarantee anything. I can be seen one day and everything be fine and then have my cervix go the next day. The other thing compounding all of this is I'm not feeling much better. I just spent Friday thru Sunday on the couch with an iv hooked up to me because the MS has been so bad. I also have a zofran pump that's not making much of a difference but I'm wearing it, allergic skin reaction and all (think 2 large red swollen hot spots as big as an apple on each thigh...I am now wearing it on my stomach...good times I tell ya). So surgery on top of throwing up!? Seriously when will i catch a break?
Ok update: I just spoke with my OB. She says we're doing the cercalge no if's, and's, or but's about it. She also wants me to make arrangements for disability. She is not willing to send me back to work after the cerclage is done. Says we will wait and see.
F*&K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like crying but at the same time I understand I have to do this or I'll never forgive myself if something goes wrong.
Called the perinatologist office. I am scheduled for next Friday Oct. 26 at 3pm. Lucky me gets to not eat anything after 7 am. I AM GOING TO DIE. I'm literally gonna walk into the hospital vomiting if I go that long w/o eating.
And the one I'm doing it all for:
6 comments:
You can endure this Norina. Look at everything you have been through adn how far you have come. But this does suck...
I love you! HUG!!!! only 198 days to go...
omg norina, that is the shittiest. but you know what...you're this far, so just keep keepin' on and it will all work out in the end...thoughts are with you, friend:)
Thinking of you :)
Love you!
Ashley
So I was reading along and cheering you on (cursing and all!)... esp the part about the "expert" who can't read a chart...and I was all rilled up and thinking this is so unfair that you have to endure this much poking and prodding and nausea and pill-poppin.....and then! I get to bottom and see who you are doing this all for and I start to tear up (still tearing!) and I take a deep breath and I know that this is all worth it to you in the end and that the physical discomfort you are enduring right now will seem be completely in 198 days! Your little miracle looks amazing! So...take a deep breath, say a little prayer and march on cause Lord knows you are strong enough to endure this and more!
My friends, you are amazing! Thank you for the support. I love you all.
Norina!! Ok, first, I'm sorry I've been out of touch. I feel like such an ass. Can you ever forgive me?! I hope so... But omg, hun, I am so sorry your pregnancy is so tough! I'm reading up on your trials with all of this, and can honestly say that I was horrified for you... It seems like you never get a break! But then, I see your BEAUTIFUL ultrasound picture and can't stop crying! Yolkie is beautiful, hun. Come April, that day when your beautiful baby joins the world, the difficulties of all of this will just melt away as you look into your little one's eyes. And until then, continue to remember to breathe and look at yolkie's beautiful picture for encouragement, because I KNOW you have the strength to get through this. You're amazing!! Remember you're not alone sweetie. And it'll all be worth it in the end--I promise!! Love you!
Post a Comment