My 9 year old nephew has a new obsession....my baby! Now my sister told them (all three of my nephews) a few months ago that I was having a baby but maybe it didn't seem "real" to Ben yet because they came over on Sunday and we were talking about the dogs and out of no where he says "you're going to have a baby????" with this confused look on his face. I told him I was. I asked what he thought about it and he said "it better be a boy". So then I asked what the baby's name should be and he thought about it for a minute and then said "Bob" LOL. We ended up changing the subject but Ben wasn't done yet. At the next possible moment he asks my dad, "Grandpa, if Auntie Nory and Nathanael can't take care of the baby one day and it has to come over to your house, where is it going to sleep?" and "Hmmmm so Grandpa I guess we're not going to be your only grandchildren anymore hun?"
So my sister calls me today and tells me that since Sunday this is all Ben can talk about. That even his brothers have told him to "get over it" LOL. His most recent revelation is that "I think when the baby gets here I will be too old to play with it because I'll be 10 by then you know" Also he asked my dad if he was "happy to be having another grandchild?" Lastly he has decided that if the baby is a boy, "I guess he can share my bunk bed" (my nephews have bunk beds at my parents house) but if it's a girl "I guess it can sleep in Auntie Mona's old room". I think he's feeling a little threatened because he won't be the "baby" anymore himself. I'll have to make sure he gets a super important role in the baby's life so he doesn't resent being knocked off the baby totem pole!
12 years ago
2 comments:
Lucky! All I got from my nieces was:
"um, Tia, we don't need another baby, Auntie Tere is already having one first and it's going to be noisy!"....(my older sister got pg 2 weeks before me). Kids, gotta love their honesty!
LOL!!!! So he can't stop talking about yolkie, huh? That is SO FUNNY! I'm glad he's finally given in and letting the baby have a place to sleep. It's very generous that he'll actually share his bunk bed if the baby is a boy. That's better than "he's gonna pay." :)
Post a Comment