This last Sunday we had plans as a family to attend our city's "Lemon Festival". Unfortunately daddy got called into work. I immediately was disappointed over not being able to go when the thought occurred to me.... "Hey, why don't I just take
Riah by myself?" And so we packed his stroller, diaper bag and snacks in the car and drove the 2 miles down to what ended up being like a mini LA County Fair! It was so awesome.
Riah and I walked
around looked at vendors booths, we shared chili fries and
fresh squeezed
lemonade (it was the "lemon festival"
after all) and even rode some rides! We had such a great time. Of course it would have been better if Nathanael could have joined us but it ended up being one of those really special bonding moments for
Zech and I. Where we just spend time enjoying one another and living in the moment. I love days like this. Makes for some good memories!
So, like I said, we rode some of the carnival rides.
Zech loved riding them with me but when it came to being on them alone....he would start out
ok like this...

But would end up like this...
After about 3 of those moments I told him no more trying rides alone (because he really would be all about getting on the ride but then would always cry a few minutes in!!) because I think the ride operators were getting pretty tired of stopping the rides 2.5 seconds in :)
Overall such a blessed outing. Next year we'll for sure bring daddy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment