Monday, January 5, 2009

New Experiences in the New Year!

New Year's day we traveled the 12.3 miles that it takes to get from our house to where there's SNOW!!!

Nathanael LOVES the mountains and would move us there if I'd let him....

I, on the other hand like to PLAY in snow, not LIVE in it so driving the short distance for the experience is fine by me!! (who wants to shovel snow out of their driveway everyday just to go to Starbucks anyway?)



Zechy gets to crawl in snow for the first time!





After our snow experience Zechariah kicks off his snow boots (and socks!)and munches on some celery with his non-teeth. I think by the look on his face he appears to be enjoying it!(as his eyes close in euphoria...I think he liked the feel of it against his gums)...





However he doesn't look too keen on the pineapple I let him have...



Today we went to Khols and did some Christmas returns. I let Zechy sit in the cart like a big boy for the first time ever. Doesn't he look so proud of himself?



Whew! All this and it's only January 5th! Just imagine how many more new things Zech will get to do in the coming year?! I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Dre said...

Zechy is all about that celery! Not so much with the pineapple (my favorite). Those faces are priceless!

love the snow pics. you just come on over to aunt dre's for zech's first beach day :)
xoxo dre

Dre said...

in 2009 i expect you and the family to come for a day at dog beach! Zech will love it and Baxter and Bridgit will love Dog Beach and they can play with their cousins Ginger and Wasabi! Gene and Nathaneal can play too! yay!

soozq97 said...

WHAT FUN!!! We want to take Sadie to the snow one of these days. Looks like Zech is a born snow- bunny! (or what is the masculine word for that?) He's getting so mature, sitting in that cart and eating all that adult food. :)