Thursday, June 26, 2008

A day in the life of a Zechy...

So this past Monday Zechy turned 2 months old! I know all moms say this but seriously, I can not believe how fast time has flown. As much as I try puting it out of my mind (because it's still 3 months away) I am dreading returning to work because I will not get to see his beautiful little face every minute of the day. Ok I can't talk about it or else I will cry right now. But let's just say if the market was better, I would propose to N selling this house, selling my car, putting everything into storage and moving into a 1 bedroom apartment just so I could stay home with him. Who needs lifestyle when you have a baby like this! But noooo we have to be in a f-ing recession don't we? Selling the house would mean being upside down, backwards, and every which way royaly f&%ked financially. So we are stuck with all this expensive crap and a job that awaits despite my immense desire to be with my baby forever.

Besides, it would get quite crowded in a 1 bedroom apartment with 2 adults, a baby, 2 dogs, a cat and all my shoes wouldn't it?

Sigh...ok enough whining Norina,back to what everyone comes here for... Baby!

So I thought it would be fun to share a few snapshots of what it's like to be a Zech on his 2 month old birthday.

Here he is in the morning getting some playtime in. This mat was made so that the baby can lay on his back and look up at everything. We have found Zechy plays much better when he can kick the crap out of things so we prop him on his bobby and he is content.




Next it's time to get dressed. He actualy likes having his diaper changed. I think this is where I get the most smiles and coos of the day. I guess if someone was willing to wipe my ass lovingly if I couldn't do it myself I'd be happy too:).


He usually gets 2 naps in before noon. Catnaps I call them because they're only about 20-30 a piece. Which leaves little time for showering and dressing for me but he's becoming more patient waiting for me when I'm running a little long getting ready.


Here he is tolerating his swing. This is a "get me out of here soon" face. I am hoping as he ges older he will like it more. I mean it looks fun to me, doesn't it?


Daddy gets home from work and he gets his daddy playtime. He still loves him some sling but he's beginning to enjoy the Bjorn during his wakey time.





We can't forget his sitting up like a big boy time.


After his long nap in the afternoon (usually 3 hours, from 2-5 or 3-6, he hasn't quite decided yet) We go for a walk.



Last activity before bed is bath time.



He's got a little vanity going on and likes to look at himself in the mirror ...hmm I wonder where he gets that from? Lol!


And that's that. Can't you just see why I want to be home with him forever now???!!!!

5 comments:

Dre said...

omg! that was so fun! i want you to know that if i win the lottery before you start work, i will take care of you and you wont have to go back! so that can be plan B!

your floors are so beautiful!!! they are not the same as mine so we are not floor twins :(, but i love them!

zech is getting soooo handsome! i just want to hold him!!! can't believe its been two months already! that was fast! :)
xoxo dre

soozq97 said...

Ahhh!!! I don't think anyone can be more handsome! I L-O-V-E the last picture!! And the second one too...and the...wait, I think I love them all! :)

We'll keep praying for the right thing to come along in the next few months. You never know, but in the meantime, keep on doin' what you're doin', he's doing great!

Tracey said...

Oh my word! Zech is so sweet and getting so big. As you know they grow up WAY TOO FAST. Enjoy these moments.

Pretty soon he'll be talking back to you and telling you that the surprise you gave him isn't exactly what he wanted. Oh, wait, that's my child!

ondria said...

OMG, that was sooo fun! I love the "sitting up like a big boy" pic. :)

Farah Jasmine said...

So cute! I can't believe he's getting so big so fast! Message me sometime! I've been thinking of you!