Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another perinatolgist appt...

So the upside of being labeled "high risk" is all the u/s's you get of your baby. The downside of being labeled "high risk" is ALL the u/s's you get of your baby!!!! Every time I go in those people give me something new to worry about. Seriously what did women fret over 100 years ago when technology was not around to worry the shit out of them?

So we found out today that the placenta previa has resolved itself, that's the good news. YAY for no hemorrhaging to death! Bad news is baby has the cord wrapped around his neck :(. Dr says this usually resolves itself. It happens in about 20 % of all pgs. I have been instructed to be very conscious of his movements, if they slow down or stop for a long period of time I am suppose to call the peri's office or go to the hospital right away. UGH talk about stress! Logically I know the likelihood of him being ok is high but I do know 2 ladies from a chat board that lost their babies late in pg due to "cord accidents". I pray this does not happen to us! I just can't let myself think about this or I will drive myself insane. Instead I am investing in a doppler and will monitor him myself as best I can. Peri wants me to start going in for fetal monitoring in his office 1 x a week beginning in the 30th week.

I got another cute pic of Zech though. The tech called him a cuddler because he was snuggled up to my insides and would not turn and face us no matter how much coaxing we did! We did get a good profile shot. Zechy totally has Nathanael's nose! When I showed Nathanael the pic, that was the first thing he noticed too! N has a very straight nose. I love it. It the one feature of him I always say I hope our baby has!! I'm so not a fan of my own nose LOL! Oh and the tech said Zech weighs a whopping 1 lb 8 oz!

Lastly, the peri said he is going to take the cerclage out at 35 weeks. That puts us around March 22. It's done in the hospital but I do not have to be put under. Peri said it's not painful but it's uncomfortable like a pelvic exam would be. Great, this guy is NOT Mr. Gentle iykwim! Every time he checks my cerclage I feel like kicking him in the jaw! It's a vagina buddy not a freakin grab bag of tricks! I always think "his poor wife" if his cerclage checking is anything like his foreplay skills ROTFLMAO! Ok that was just too much Norina!!!!

So I think I'll go ahead and go off work when the cerclage gets removed. Because who thinks your water breaking at an all male prison (my job site) is a good time? So that leaves only 10 more weeks of work! Woo hooo!!!! I'm so over that place at this point.

Here's the pics of Mr. Snuggles. The first one is the best because that's where you see his very defined and distinguished nose just like daddy's!

24 weeks 3 days #2

24 weeks 3 days #1

24 weeks 3 days #3

4 comments:

soozq97 said...

Well we KNOW prayer works. I'll start on this request right away! I'm so happy to hear that your placenta did what it was supposed to do! AMEN to that.
I LOVE the new pics of Zech. You're right, he does look like Bubba! Not only the nose, but the chin!!! I had to show Dave! He said, "OH WOW!" :) We love him lots and lots!

Dre said...

Wow those pictures of Zech are dope! Thanks for the ticker :) Zech looks cute in there too! xoxo dre

ondria said...

Don't you worry your little head... everything will be just fine!

Unknown said...

How 'bout you just get a prenatal message like everyone else? Let me tell you, it's 100% more enjoyable than what you are describing!