So I went to the OB yesterday. I didn't get a u/s :( but from what I hear "normal" people only get 1-2 u/s their entire pregnancy. So I didn't complain. Didn't want to appear greedy in the u/s department. She did listen to the baby's heart rate with the doppler and it was 150. I've gained 5 lbs in a month which she said was good...I told her it doesn't feel good. She did find trace lymphocytes (sp?) in my urine so I have to take antibiotics for a UTI. I hate antibiotics. I mentioned to her the recent dizzy/fainting spells and she explained that the uterus compresses blood vessels to the brain. No wonder I can't remember shit...there's not enough blood flow to the brain! She said that since I have a small frame my uterus is essentially to big for my body so that I'll probably have a lot more of the dizziness and cankled out feet (great). She advised I just move very slowly even though I "feel" fine...she says it takes the brain a little while to compute how much more your body is doing right now. She also advised me to have a "clean" diet for the next 2 weeks before my blood glucose test because she doesn't want to have to put me on any more meds. So that means no white breads, little carbs, brown rice, no potatos or bananas. Kinda like the diet I was on BEFORE getting pg. Damn I thought I was done with that! I don't know how well I'll do with these diet restrictions because I kinda feel like I have to eat whatever sounds good at the moment in order to survive. Overall, she says I'm growing well and she looked over the reports from the peri and said she thinks baby is doing nicely inside :). I see the peri on the 11th so I'll get to see Zech's little face then because he always does u/s.
I got a new digital camera for Christmas so I owe you all a new tummy shot. I feel like I've grown immensely since the last time I took a pic that's for sure!
12 years ago
3 comments:
Happy 23 weeks today! Thanks for the update! I'm sorry you're feeling dizzy. I'll be praying for that. Can't wait for the latest "outer-view" pic of that huge uterus the doc is talking about! :)
can't wait to see your belly! hurry! xoxo dre
Yeah for proper weight gain....
but booo on no new pics yet with your digi cam!!!! ;)
Post a Comment