When I was a kid, 3of my favorite cousins lived in the Valley and we would often go visit them, sometimes for holidays like Easter, or other times just because. I remember I would be so excited to see them it was hard to sleep the night before the trip. On the drive there, I would get to see the infamous "Hollywood" sign and pass by Universal City. It felt like driving to a whole '
nother world. Today I realize they lived less then 50 miles and in the same county as I did :). I could drive there right now if I wanted and get there in less then an hour...
Ohhh but as a child, it took a lifetime to get to their house and play with them!
We're all grown up now, and have children of our own. Steve's son, Christopher is just 3 months older then Zechariah. They live in Orange County now, still very close and we've realized our current schedule allows for
playdates during the week between our kids! I can't place into words how it makes my heart just swell to see them together. I can recall that feeling of anticipation of fun and
excitement while visiting my cousins and to realize that
Zech will have this as he grows up, is such a blessing. In addition to the kids growing up together, I get to see my cousin and his wife and we get to experience together a whole other level of friendship and family!! It really is amazing.
Here
Zech is showing Christopher's "the
Meeeno's!" (he calls all fish
meeeno, his
mispronunciation of the name
Nemo)

Playing with seashells...well Christopher is playing,
Zechy is threatening to eat them.

Off to paint!

While eating lunch,
Zech wandered off to the fountain, Christopher being the good big cousin that he is, grew concerned that
Zech was too far, went over, grabbed him by the hand and led him back to the table!
Ummm heart melt much yet!?

Seriously if this got any cuter my heart would literally explode!!!


After a few moments,
Zech ran back to the fountain...this time Christopher chased him down to hand him his apple juice!!

Apparently
Zech declined the juice and not wanting good juice to go to waste, Christopher helped himself ;)
At the end of the
Kidspace trip, unprovoked the two hugged it out upon saying bye....

It's as if they just know intuitively they are related, they interact so lovingly! I look forward to watching these two for the rest of my life (and the two that are coming, as my cousins are
expecting identical twin boys in
December. Judging by Christopher's sweetness today, I have no doubt he will be an excellent big brother!)
2 comments:
That is sooo sweet. You are right about the cousins special bond- all of mine were in Texas and I was only able to hang with them a few times while we travelled there for vacations. I had always wished for a closer cousin bond. Nurture that! (Looks like you're doing a good job with it!)
Toooo cute... I just love the pics of them holding hands!
Post a Comment