Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Visiting with Great Grandpa and Grammie...

This post is just a tad overdue but I had to publish it because it was such a special event in Zech's (and our) life. On Feb. 20 we traveled to Arizona to visit Nathanael's grandfather and his lovely wife. In order to make it the most pleasant traveling experience possible for our little price, we left CA at 8pm, arriving in AZ in the wee hours of the morning. I forgot they are an hour ahead of us too so that made it even later! Grandpa Ted came running out to greet us at 2am, exclaiming he was just too excited to sleep so he waited up for us! How darling is that? Zech awoke for the greeting but thankfully went back to sleep easily once we all settled down for the night. Here he is getting ready for bed:




The following morning Grandpa and Grammy had a special trip planned for us...the zoo! I don't know who that was suppose to please more, me or Zech?! Zech wore his hat for the occassion...for a little while anyway :)



At the zoo we saw merecats! I love me some merecats...did you know they actually mourn when one of their pack dies...come on, anyone else out there follow Flower and her pack on Merecat Manor? Seriously if you haven't seen that show it's a must! I bet it's on Netflix...go put it in your quere or whatever it's called right now :)




This is called a "Mona Monkey" which I find HILARIOUS because my sister's name is Mona! HA!


I've never seen a giraffe this close up before!


You can even feed them!!! So sweet right?!


Unfortunately they don't let you feed the tigers. That's probably a good thing. Check her out! Isn't she gorgeous?!



Zech stayed in his stroller for about 10 minutes into the trip and then it's Bjorn time!


This zoo had an aquarium too, so we visited that as well.


Back at Grandpa's we played on the hammock...




We decided it's probably safer if one of us sits in it with him after that last shot I just shared LOL!


Mommy and Zechy


3 generations of men!


A big boy bath before bed.


Going to church the next day...


After church we had lunch at the most beautiful little resturant in a city called "Carefree"...what a great name for a town right? I wonder if everyone there is really relaxed :)


Zech sat with his great grandparents during lunch allowing Nathanael and I to actually eat two handed for a change!


Zech sharing his lunch :)



Group shot :)


Daddy and Zech...be prepared to see more of this outfit he has on btw, I just love it! I thought Nathanael would have a fit, me putting pink on his boy and all but even he had to admit Zech makes pink look good! I call it "metro baby"...I mean after all he is from LA :)


Zech had a playmate over that evening...Dominik is just 3 weeks younger then he and would be his step cousin I suppose :). Getting a pic of them together was a challenge, they are some busy boys. These two are the best shots I got.



The following morning we were up at 4am, again driving in the middle of the night so that our baby could sleep, which he did. That was some smart thinking on mommy's part I tell ya planning the driving that way! We look forward to another visit with the grandparents soon...

4 comments:

Cyndi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi said...

Love all the pictures Norina! Looks like you had a awesome little vacation!

Zech is just a doll, he is so cute! Love his little outfit (hat) for the zoo. You are gorgeous too! Beautiful family you all have!!

soozq97 said...

What a nice weekend you had!! I love Zech's zoo outfit...wink wink. ;) Thank you for sharing the pics. You guys look like you couldn't be happier!

Dre said...

i love the zoo pics. i felt like i was there with you!

love the one of the three generations, and the one before church with zech looking up at grandpa :) very sweet!

seemed like it was too short! must get back soon... even though i miss you so much when you are gone...
xoxo dre