For my birthday this year, I REALLY wanted to take Zech to Disneyland. Though a lot of people treated me like it was criminal to not have taken Zech thus far, I really did want to wait till an age where I felt it would be a true experience for him. I am not one of those "Oh he won't remember so I won't do it kind of people" because just because a child can't remember something doesn't mean it wouldn't be a fun experience. He probably won't "remember" having gone at 2 years, 9 months old but it most definitely was the experience I was hoping for him to have. We had the time of our lives....
To begin the mommy birthday extravaganza, we went to dinner at a local teppan grill place. First though a pic of the family before leaving...

Zechy was enthralled with watching the chef. I had brought his little dvd player to entertain him but no need for it at this restaurant!


He thinks the chef is funny...

Trying out eating with chopsticks...

Next it was time to make a fool of...umm I mean be nice to mommy for her birthday...

Singing Happy Birthday to MAAAAAMAAAAA....

Enjoying dessert...

Being silly w/Daddy...

Then that weekend my wonderful husband booked us a FANTASTIC hotel by Disneyland for our big 1st trip to the Magic Kingdom, here's Zechy looking out the window seeing Disney off in the distance....

You know what's funny is Zech has not even heard the word Disneyland before we told him we were going on this trip (which I told him a day before) and from the minute I told him we were going he was so excited he kept saying "I go to DisneyWand!!!" ...I swear there's something about just the sound of the place that makes all little children squeal in delight!
Zechy took this pic of me (you can see his little finger in the top corner there :) The concierge gave me a button to wear :)

I had to hold onto him for dear life...I swear he was going to fall in this fountain before we could get on the shuttle to Disneyland!

Looking out the shuttle window for Disney...it was so darling when we pulled up in front of Disneyland I told Zech "there is is!!" and pointed to our left. Well the shuttle had to make a wide left hand turn so when it started to pull forward it looked like it might go straight so Zech yells loud "STOP! Dinseywand is wite der!" That got a few giggles from patrons on the bus :)

Since Disney was having it's 2 day pass special we went to California Adventure the first day...Check out his face, this is literally when we walked in the gates and he was taking it all in...he was soooo amazed !

Daddy and Riah deciding which ride to go on first...

Zechy picked the ladybug ride...here he is thinking "Ummm I'm not too sure about this people..."

But then he was like "OH just jokes this is FUN!"

Then he rode the little bumper cars...

And he met an ooowieee (what he calls spiders). We went inside a Bug's Life and he was ok, until mommy screamed when the bugs touch you in there...note to moms apparently if you scream on rides/shows it scares small children :)

Then it was time for some Carosual rides...


That night we spent in the hotel and the following day we got up and went to Disney!

1st ride there we got on was It's a Small World...

Of all the rides/shows/games this by far was Zechy's favorite. The apple does not fall far from the tree I tell ya....

Daddy was in heaven playing this game with his son...

Here Zechy pointed out what oooowies for daddy to shoot...


Being silly at lunch!

Jungle cruise was another Zechy fave. This kid LOVES animals/reptiles/bugs like no other!

Our first character sighting! Pinnochio and Gepeto!

We had originally booked the hotel for only 1 night but then walking around the park and having such a great time we decided to stay 1 more night. You know the upside of being through a lot of s%$t in life? It puts things into perspective for you...I mean what will ever replace the memories we were making here? Yea it cost a bit more and yea maybe we shouldn't spend frivously but on the other side...you can't exactly take it with you. So we threw responsible budget sticking to the wind and booked the place for just 1 more night. This enabled us to take Zechy back to the room for a nap...how adorable is he?!!!!!

After naps we went back and got to see "Doofy" as Zechy calls him...


And play at Mickey's Toon Town...

He was trying to fit through Pluto's doggydoor :)

He started doing this out of know where, I don't know where he learned it but apparently doing this makes you see farther just like binoculars do :)

When watching Fantasmic little guy gently placed his arm around his daddy.
Best part of the whole trip for sure!!!
He was getting a little delirous here ...so much fun!

Had to try out the carasoul at Disneyland too of course...Daddy is being silly!

I couldn't catch him exactly in the act but see how he's raising his hat up in the air? He kept doing that and yelling "yee haaaaw!" LOL Another thing I have no clue where he learned it from.
As my gift we upgraded my ticket to a season pass!!!!! I know the ticket is in his face a bit but can you just see how happy he is?! LOL
And to make the night just perfect, upon leaving we saw the big man himself! Mickey Mouse!!!! He was just mosying through Main Street, people were crowded around him, I think he wanted to get out of there. Well you know that really annoying woman who pushes her kid to the front of everyone...yeah that was me LOL! I just knew Mickey would not be able to resist this little face and I was right! I pushed Zechy up front and told him "run and grab Mickey" and he did !!! Mickey tooke one look and stopped to pose with him and only him :) I don't know who was in heaven more, Zechy or me! :)
The next day leaving, Zechy in his ears...
Disneyland is called The Happiest Place on Earth...and they are pretty darn right! And though it's sooo cheesy, I'm going to say it anyway, our Disney experience was one of the happiest we have ever had together....what made it this way though was the fact that I got to be there with my 2 loves in life. Best birthday EVER so far, who knew at 35 I'd love Disney more then when I went as a child, because I got to experience it through MY child's eyes. What a gift!!
No comments:
Post a Comment