Monday, May 17, 2010

Having a Child Makes You More Socially Concious...

On our walks, he never misses a piece of litter some OTHER unsocially conscious person threw about. We must always stop, pick it up and throw it away in the proper place...even if that means mommy takes up a collection of trash in the stroller and tosses it when we get home in our trash can.



Yesterday on our walk, he saw a realtor's open house sign had fallen down. We could not move forward to our destination until I rigged it to stay up in the blowing wind...the entire detour took 15 minutes. ....Century 21 owes me a a kickback ;).



I've never appreciated nature so much. When we're outside, he bring me snails, worms, leaves, blades of grass, flowers, rocks, to inspect along with him.



He says hello to strangers at the store, which makes me see people and acknowledge their presence as well.



He shares his snacks with his friends at every playdate we have.



In the wake of this controversial time in our country, it's encouraging to see the sweet innocence of a 2 year old, who really doesn't pay any attention to race, religion, immigration status or otherwise...he just thinks it's fun to be nice. And now so do I....who knew we could learn so much from such a little person?




The day you were born, I became a better person.... and everyday we are together I grow in my love for Him and my appreciation for this life He's given us. Big lessons you learn indeed "just" by being around a 2 year old...

No comments: