Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My first mother's day...

So the plan was to go to church and then out to eat and shopping. Well Zechy decided to stay up till 4 am partying so when the alarm rang at 7 am for church...ummm yeah, that wasn't happening :). So we slept in instead. We did make it out to eat and to my favorite store Bebe for a new outfit. To answer your question JJ regarding wearing "normal" clothes...well after having the miscarriages, infertility, every pg ache and pain and a horrific labor God decided to bless me not only with this little bundle of joy but also by getting me back to my pre-pg weight in 2 weeks! I'm as shocked as anyone on that one. I really thought it would take me 6 months at least! However, even though the "weight" is the same as before pg, the body definitly isn't LOL! Major toning is needed, especially in the nether regions but I'm not complaining. I'm just glad I don't have to buy an in between wardrobe and can get back in my "normal" clothes. So hence why I had to head to Bebe to celebrate not only my first mother's day but also the weight loss! Man I missed that place... I heard the skies open and the harps playing as I walked in the front doors of the store:)

It was a nice day overall. Nathanael got me cards from him and Zech and even had Zech "sign" it :) No first mother's day would be complete w/o tears though..I spent some time reflecting on Mother's day 3 years ago. I spent it in the ER being informed that I was loosing the twins. How far we have come in that time... Zechy truely is my gift on this mother's day, as cliche as that may sound. How could he not be? I am so very grateful.

Here he is in his sling and in his stroller ready for the shopping excursion:


And here he is today in his first "real" bath. I have a bathtub for him but the sink was just so much more convient. He LOVED being in the water. And check out that tummy! You think he's getting enough to eat or what? :)

5 comments:

soozq97 said...

You had a VERY well deserved Mother's Day, that's for sure. (And I may have to vomit knowing you are already in your regular clothes! LOL!)
I love the pictures! Especially the one in the stroller. I automatically said, "Hello Big Man!" outloud when I saw it!! SO CUTE!
Looks like you are doing a great job at keeping that little man fed. (wink wink) :)
Love you both!

Dre said...

Back to pre pg weight? Now normally i would say "i hate you!" in a whine. but not on this one. you deserve it and more! i don't begrudge you a second of that glory or any of this happiness. Congratulations on your first Mother's Day! sounds like it was a great one. And Zech is truly angelic! LOVE the stroller shot! so alert! i want to hold him!!!!!!!! luv dre

Dawn said...

Oh, he is just lovely. I just love seeing the pictures of him.

I am so glad that you had such a lovely first Mother's Day. You certainly deserve it!!!!

Um, yea, good job on the weight-loss, I am so happy for you,(insert eyeroll here) LOL

Love ya!!
Dawn

CountryKat said...

Norina- you so deserve to have your Mothers Day!!!! love the pictures of your little man!

You GO GIRL on being back to
pre-pg weight!!!!

Cara

J.J. said...

yep you totally deserve the real clothes girl! that happened to me the first time around but not this time:(